Let me introduce the Readeez program to you. This is a DVD that is perfect for auditory learners. There are 30 songs, depicted in cartoon form, with the words popping up on the screen. Your child can read the words while being read to. I loved it. My children love it. If you have a child that is struggling with reading, this could help you a lot.
My son taught himself how to read. He did so by reading the small, close captioned print on the tv. I would set his tv for closed captioned when he was having a marathon movie day. One of these days would consist of one or two movies being played over and over.
I asked my son what he thought of using this program to learn how to read. He thought it was “a great idea”. Very high praise coming from him. I love the two main characters in the cartoons, Julian and Isabel. I also enjoyed the songs that were not done as a cartoon. My children do not have a favorite song yet, but my daughter is leaning towards “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” and my son “Lightning Sandwich.”
You can view some of this DVD on their website. I encourage you to do so. Guess what? I’ve saved the best news for last. Michael Rachap, President of The Readeez Company, is donating Readeez DVDs for a giveaway. Yeah! There will be three winners for this giveaway.
This Giveaway will run from January 26, 2009 to January 30, 2009. The winner will be announced on January 31, 2009. Below are rules for entering this giveaway. Good luck.
• MAIN RULE – Visit Readeez and come back here to comment on what your favorite song is. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
• 1 Extra Entry – Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
• 1 Extra Entry – Favorite AutismLearningFelt on Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
* 1 Extra Entry – Twitter this giveaway and leave your twitter name in a separate comment
• 1 Extra Entry – Follow my blog let me know in a separate comment
• 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog and Readeez, and let me know in a separate comment.