Welcome back to a New Year with the Thursday’s Special Needs Blog Hop. It was a much needed break especially with the Holidays that quickly crept upon us. Since it’s the New Year and we have no more Holiday interruptions for a while it’s the perfect time to start feature some Special Needs Bloggers again each week.
We created this Special Needs Blog Hop as a way to bring the Special Needs Community closer together. Provide awareness and support to each other.
If you would like to join in the Special Needs Blog Hop it’s simple. Grab our button go back to your blog and create a post for the Special Needs Blog Hop. Each week we have a theme to make it easy to figure out what to post. Then come back and link up. Please make sure that your post is directed directly to the Special Needs Blog Hop and that it is about the Special Needs Blog Hop. We will be deleting entries that don’t follow directions.
We wanted to let you know that this Special Needs Blog hope is open to anyone with Special Needs and not just Autism.
This weeks Theme: What are 5 goals you have for the New Year?
I wanted to do goals, and not resolutions, because I never stick to my resolutions. With goals, I hope I have a better chance of accomplishing what I want.
1. Lose 10 pounds every two months. I think that is a reasonable goal. I want to lose weight slowly, and keep it off.
2. Exercise at least 15 minutes a day. I can do that. Plus, it will help with my first goal.
3. Go bowling with the family once a week. My kids really love bowling. I think this would be a great idea to implement this year. Usually, we go whenever there is nothing else to do. I think it would be nice to plan to do it every week.
4. Give my husband some time on the weekends to himself. He works so hard during the week, and is put right to work when he gets home. There’s always something he needs to take care of, or the kids are all over him. Only, he isn’t much for getting away on his own. He prefers to do things with the family, since he doesn’t get to do much with us during the week. I think it would be nice, though, if he did take an hour or two for himself.
5. Spend more one on one time with my kids. I spend a lot of time with them together, but not individual time with them. I have Girl Scouts with my daughter during the school year, and my husband does Boy Scouts with my son. I think that I should spend more time doing activities with just one child at a time.
That’s it. My 5 Goals for the New Year. Sounds easy, but we’ll see. Things happen. Life happens. I’m hoping that by actually writing them up, I will be more motivated to work on them.